- Stand upright with your toes over the edge of a raised surface.
- Hold on to a wall or a bar for balance.
- Only your heels should be on the edge with your toes extended as far out over the edge as you can.
- Pull your toes upward toward your shins as far as you can, hold for a brief second feeling the contraction in your anterior tibialis muscle.
- Your body should remain upright.
- Slowly lower your toes to the starting position in a controlled manner.
- Don't allow too much of your foot to be standing on the edge. Be sure to only have your heel resting on the edge of the raised surface.