Preacher Curl (Db)
- Hold a dumbbell in your right hand so that the edge of the bench is under your armpit and your arm is fully extended over the bench surface.
- Keep your left arm relaxed at your side or hold your left arm in place.
- Raise the weight upward towards your chin.
- Hold for a brief second flexing your biceps.
- Keep your wrist locked straight at all times.
- Lower the weight to the starting position in a slow, controlled manner.
- Switch arms positions and do a set for the left arm.
- Don't let the weight just drop to starting position, lower it slowly.
Don't rest very long alternating arms. One set constitutes
separately working both arms. Quickly switch the dumbbell to the alternate
arm and continue. There is no reason to rest too long between sets (when
one set of right and left arm has been completed), because the alternate
arm has had a natural rest.