- Stand in a wide step position. Your pelvis and shoulder should be parallel. The upper part of body should remain upright; both legs should be slightly bent, with hands placed on hips.
- Bend both your legs and lower your body. Keep the upper past of your body upright, this way equal weight is on both legs.
- The heel of the back leg lifts off the floor and in the end only the tip of the foot remains on the floor.
- The front leg should not bend more than at a 90 degree angle. The knee should stay behind the tip of the foot.
- Do not stretch your legs completely when moving upwards.
- Once you have mastered the basic exercise, you can hold light weights in your hand to increase the result.