Primary: Lower and Outer Chest
Secondary: Shoulders and Triceps
- Raise yourself off the ground and onto parallel dip bars.
- Your hands should be gripping the bar handles with your fingers on the outside, facing away from your body.
- Keep your elbows close to your sides and your knees barely in front of you, slightly bent.
- Slowly lower yourself down to the point where your upper arms (shoulder to elbow) are parallel to the floor or until your lower chest is as low as your hands.
- Raise (push) your body up to the starting position. Hold for a brief second flexing (squeezing) your chest.
- Don't allow your body to swing around and don't simply drop your body down. Resist your bodyweight and lower yourself in a slow, controlled manner.