Bench Press (Bb)
- Lie on a flat bench with knees bent and feet placed at the end of the bench. Your eyes should be directly under the bar of the barbell.
- Grasp the bar for enough that the forearm forms a right angle to the upper arm when parallel to the floor.
- Lift the barbell from the support rack with a smooth movement and lock it above your chest with slightly bent arms.
- Slowly lower the weights smoothly down to chest level till the barbell touches the chest gently at the center of the breastbone.
Lift back slowly to the beginning stage upon completion of
the exercise, the arms should be slightly bent. Repeat.
- Don't jerk while lifting the weight ups, the whole process should be performed smoothly.
- Don't arch your back while performing this exercise.