Primary - Front and Side Shoulders
Secondary - Trapeziums
- Sit in an upright bench (90-degree chair) with feet firmly on the floor.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand in front of your shoulders with palms facing you.
- Your back should be upright resting against the back of the bench, with shoulders back and chest out.
- Press the dumbbells straight up overhead while turning them so your palms are facing out at full-extended position.
- Slowly lower the weights while turning your palms back towards you and in front of your shoulders.
- Don't do this exercise without a chair/upright bench, or some kind of back support.
- Don't bounce the dumbbells off your shoulders in an effort to create momentum and complete the exercise.
- Don't just let the weight drop. Slowly lower the weight in a controlled manner.