Standing Calf Raise
Upper and middle abdominal
- Place the ball of one foot on the edge of a raised object, letting your heel and arch extend off the object stretching as far down as possible.
- Hold on to a machine, wall etc. With free hand and keep back straight, head up, and leg locked.
- Put other foot next to or behind leg being trained.
- Rise up on toe as high as possible and hold for a quick second while flexing the calf muscle.
- Return to the starting position in a slow, controlled manner.
- Don't let hips move backward or forward and don't bend at knee causing momentum.
- Don't shorten the height that you raise up. Be sure to rise up as high as possible and flex your calf..