Shoulder Press (Db)
- Side and Rear Shoulders
Secondary - Trapeziums
- Sit on an upright bench (90-degree chair) with feet firmly on the floor.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand next to your shoulders, keeping elbows out and palms facing away from you. Your forearms should be perpendicular to the floor.
- Your back should be upright resting against the back of the bench with shoulders back and chest out.
- Press the dumbbells straight up to arms length overhead.
- Lower the weights to the starting position in a slow, controlled manner.
- Don't do this exercise without a chair/upright bench, or some kind of back support.
- Don't bounce the dumbbells off your shoulders in an effort to create momentum and complete the exercise.
- Don't just let the weight drop. Slowly lower the weight in a controlled manner.